Codex has instructions for setting up multi-site in WordPress and these link you through to some instructions if you run in to issues with webmail in Plesk.
I’m not using webmail and so these instructions look specifically at getting Plesk to use wildcards. You can carry out these instructions using PuTTY but I’m going to write the instructions using the GUI as much as possible.
Power Panel setting
In your Virtuozzo/Power Panel using the File Manager navigate to:
In here you should see a list of all of the domains/subdomains/accounts that you’ve confugured in Plesk.
Broswe through to the one you want to use WordPress multisite with and on in to the conf folder
If a vhost.conf file exists click the edit icon on the far right of the row and add the following:
If it does not exist create one and add in the line above.
Login to the Plesk panel for the account that you want to work with.
Follow these steps:
- Go to Websites and domains > DNS Settings
- Click on Add Record
- In the Record Type dropdown select CNAME
- In the Domain Name field enter *
- In the Canonical Name field enter <yourdomain>.com
Back to Power Panel
- Go to the System Services section
- Tick next to the service httpd and click restart service in the bar above the table (wait for the restart to succeed)
- Tick next to the service named and click restart (wait for the restart to succeed)
If you want to do this at the command line these are the commands:
service httpd restart
service named restart
Provided you’ve followed the other instructions from WordPress both in the network installation screens and on the initial guide subdomains should now work.